Happy World Photo Day!
Firstly, some background on World Photo Day
World photo day was started by Australian photographer, Korske Ara, in 2009, who is passionate about connecting people and letting them tell their stories to inspire positive change in the world. The original light bulb moment came to Ara in his bedroom in Canberra, Australia, and launched in 2010. In its inaugural year, just 250 people registered to participate. Ara was determined to grow World Photo Day into an organisation that had the scale and reach to have a real impact, and that determination definitely paid off! In 2016, Wolrd Photo Day reached a global social audience of 500 million people around the world. That is a phenomenal achievement.
You can find out much more or get involved on the World Photo Day website.
To celebrate World Photo Day we are offering you the chance to win a free portraiture session for you and a friend/partner/family member.
All you have to do is submit your favourite image that you have taken and give a brief story behind the image, or what it means to you.
Of all the entries we will be selecting a few of our favourites which will then be put to a poll on the Vega Photography Facebook page. The submission with the most votes will be declared the winner of the portrait session.
Terms & Conditions
Entries from our known pro photography friends will not be considered for the Poll stage, for obvious reasons, but we do invite our pro friends to get in touch and share their favourite image and its story and we will happily feature it in one of our next blogs.
- Only one entry per person permitted
- Image must be taken by person submitting
- Entries from our professional photography friends are welcomed but will not be considered for final poll.
The Portrait Session
- The session will last up to an hour
- Session Location
- The session can be at our studio in Tunbridge Wells
- We are willing to travel up to 40 miles from Central Tunbridge Wells (TN1), where we can shoot on location, or we could even arrange to bring our studio (or part of) to your home.
- Session to be held before 28th February 2018
- You are very welcome to invite a friend/partner/family member to the shoot to watch or to even be included.
- Following the session, we will supply you with access to a link via our website to select your favourite 10 images for download. We will also supply you with 1x 10x8 print of your choice.
Vega Photography will have the right to use and may use the images from the shoot, as well as behind the scenes images/videos of the shoot, for social media and future promotional purposes.